Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Hands to Work, Hearts to God

26th Annual Shaker Woods Festival
Columbiana, Ohio.

Dates: August 9-10, 16-17, 23-24

Shaker Woods is one of my favorite arts & crafts shows. It features more than 200 of the best juried craftspeople in the country. Frankly, I could do without the period clothing but the vibe is relaxed and the variety of vendors and quality of handmade arts & crafts are worth the trip to Columbiana.

My personal favorite vendor is probably Victor Bocchinelli Pottery but this year I’m on the hunt for something new. I don't know if I can possibly fit any more ceramic pieces in my tiny apartment. And of course there will be kettle corn...yum!

A helpful tip for the Shaker Woods virgins out there... the paths are covered with tiny rocks so don’t wear sandals!

General admission tickets are $6.50 and will be on sale at the gate. Admission for children under the age of 12 is FREE and so is parking.

For more info: Phone: 330.482.0214 • www.shakerwoods.com

No comments: