Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Close your eyes. Open your heart.

So last night I decided to join movie lovers across the land and signed up for netflix. Yea! I’m pretty excited considering they have a gang of movies I've wanted to see for a while but am either too cheap or too lazy to rent. The first movie in my queue is The Science of Sleep, a French film written and directed by Michel Gondry. It starts Charlotte Gainsboourg and Gael Garcia Bernal, an actor that was in another one of my favorite movies, The Motorcycle Diaries. I don’t know much about the plot other than G.G.B. plays a young dreamer with a vivid imagination and C.G. is his neighbor. A Gondry film with a plot than includes dreamland and imagination sounds right up my alley.

For those of you who aren’t familiar with Gondry, he also directed Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind and a bunch of music videos including Bjork’s "Human Behaviour", "Army of Me", "Isobel", "Hyperballad", "Jóga", "Bachelorette".

The Science of Sleep


Hyperballad Video

No comments: