Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Typography - Alive & Kicking

"The definition of a typographer is outdated. I don’t see myself as a scientist or an artist, just as a typographer who wants to break barriers."
-Oded Ezer
Helvetica Live! is Oded Ezer's interpretation to the famous typeface:
"...formal intersections between the famous Helvetica letters and various object silhouettes. Consciously ignoring "logical" context, I was influenced by Dadaist methods and contemporary virtual hybridizations of animals and human beings. These typo hybrids suggest a more playful and humorous attitude to typography, a field that often suffers from an unjust reputation of an overly strict and serious one."

I love Milton is Oded Ezer's homage to Milton Glaser's I heart NY logo:
"This 70x100 cm poster is a homage to Milton Glaser, whose famous I heart NY logo is one of the things that stuck into my mind forever. Glaser's design is simple and direct, and I felt it will be still recognisable even if I will make it more complicated."

No comments: