Friday, January 30, 2009

yoYo.

Endless amounts of design and creativity are produced on a daily basis. I find myself constantly inspired. But, every once in a while, I see something that makes me absolutely giddy.

This is one of those times.

Two words: Knit Graffiti.



Yes, that’s correct, Knit Graffiti.

Concentrating at work today was a challenge because I was too busy imagining the possibilities.

So this is my idea (consider it a homage to Knitta Please and the other graffiti knitting crews):

Knitting patterns are written in abbreviations of knitting terms. For example, knit is “k” and “p” is purl. A common knitting term is yarn over, written as “yo” in patterns.

I propose a knitting group in Youngstown called yarn over Youngstown which will be referred to as yoYo.

I imagine some people would be offended by this type of graffiti, I guess technically it may be considered vandalism. Who cares though, it would make me and I believe a handful of others happy for a fleeting moment. To me, something that’s bright, creative, flat-out hilarious, and causes no permanent damage is not offensive.

I concur with the label of “the world’s most inoffensive graffiti”. As they say, “who in their right mind would come face to face with a sweater-wearing tree and do anything but smile?”

So just one question... who wants to join my crew?

In the meantime I’ll be cooking up a yoYo. logo.

3 comments:

JafaBrit's Art said...

I think that is a very cool name :)

All the best with it.

VANDAL01 said...

"Functionless art is simply tolerated Vandalism....We are the vandals."

Janko said...

im in